Orders placed after Sept 30th will not ship until after October 14th due to a family medical situation, stock challenges, and volume of orders.
Stock comes in regularly. Orders are filled on a first come first served basis. We include exclusive fliers with every order that help you have the most success with this terrific, effective curriculum.
Presented by JOY Center of Learning
Math to fit your personal style
and unique students.
Life of Fred Mathematics
Life of Fred Edgewood
Life of Fred: Edgewood
Click here to view a sample lesson
(Opens in a new window or tab)
- Concurrent Lines
- Parallel Lines
- Right Angles
- Constant Functions
- Median Average
- Writing Larger Numbers with Commas
- Using Logarithms to Solve 2x = 5
- Birdie Rule for Logarithms
- Finding Approximate values for log 5 on a Calculator
- Bar Graphs
- Math Poems
- Greater Than >
- Numbers that Add to 8, 10, and 12
- State Income Tax Rates as Percents
- Rows and Columns of a Matrix
- Quarter of an Hour
- Half Dozen
- The Addition Game Using Playing Cards
- Playing Guess-A-Function
- Six Examples of Functions: Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, Tangent, and Derivative
- What It Means to Matriculate
- and much more . . .
Unlike all other math programs, this one also teaches about:
• Dangling participles
• Christina Rossetti's "A Chill"
• Dealing with Troubles
• Facing Things You Don't Want to Do
• Couplets in Poetry
• Strait does not mean Straight
• Judging People by their Size
• If Fred Were an Author
• Population of the Earth
• Definition of Polka Dots
• the Four Kinds of Sentences: Declarative, Interrogative, Imperative, and Exclamation
• Importance of Seat Belts
• Small, Medium, and Large Mistakes
• Busted vs. Broken
• Gibbous Moons
• Two Kinds of Knowledge Errors
• Firearm Safety
• Symptoms of Hypothermia
• Voluntary and Involuntary Actions of the Body
• Lorentz Contraction
• International Date Line
• Treatment of Hypothermia
• Alright Is Not a Word
• One Way to Feel Lonely
The answers are included in the textbook.
Life of Fred Edgewood is a hardcover textbook containing 128 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook. It is designed to be read with the student.
Life of Fred Edgewood contains 19 lessons and is designed to take approximately one month to complete.