Presented by JOY Center of Learning
Math to fit your personal style
and unique students.
Life of Fred Mathematics
Life of Fred Honey
Life of Fred: Honey
Click here to view a sample lesson
(Opens in a new window or tab)
- Commutative Law of Multiplication
- Closed Under Addition
- Quarter of an Hour
- Cardinal Numbers
- d = rt
- One Trillion
- 1½ + 1½
- Is This a Function?
- Long Division
- Dividing 56382 by 3
- Changing 82614 feet into Yards
- Three Reasons to Learn Long Division (Even Though Calculators Exist)
- 36 Quarters Equals How Many Dollars?
- The Fur Times Table
- A Disadvantage to Being Married to a Calculator
- The Guess-a-Function Game
- Hexagons and Octagons
- The Big Question in Arithmetic#8212;Do I Add, Subtract, Multiply, or Divide?
- Division by Two-digit Numbers
- 7xyz + 8xyz
- Slope of a Line
- and much more . . .
Unlike all other math programs, this one also teaches about:
• A Real Education Is Both Broad and Deep
• Thirty-six Shades of Blue
• Having a Job that Matters
• Developing Character
• Time Zones in the U.S.
• The Milky Way
• Protons in the Observable Universe
• Periodic Table of the Elements
• Varieties of Houses
• Mysteries in Life
• Hip Fractures
• Why English Teachers Have It Rougher Than Math Teachers
• What Happens When You Squeeze Your Toothpaste Tube Four Times Harder Than Normal
• Reading Graham Greene's The Heart of the Matter in German
• A Balance in Life
• Four Answers to Where Honey Comes From
• Four Answers to Where Do Bees Live
• Why Bees Don't Make Honeycombs in the Shape of Squares
• Smelting Iron Ore
• What You Add to Iron to Make Steel
• Buying Flash Cards vs. Making Them
• How Far the Netherlands Is from Holland
• Becoming an Apiarist
• Farther vs. Further
• Checklist for Starting a Business
• Penciling out a Proposed Business
• Why Not to Become a Typewriter Manufacturer
• The Drawbacks to Ignoring Reality
• Why Fred Can't Get a Credit Card
• Looking Back at Mistakes We Have Made in Life
• The Past Tense of mimic
• What Magic Really Means
The answers are included in the textbook.
Life of Fred Honey is a hardcover textbook containing 128 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook. It is designed to be read with the student.
Life of Fred Honey contains 19 lessons and is designed to take approximately one month to complete.